From : Bacon Today <-Go have a look.
Yield: 12 cupcakes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
For the Cupcakes:
4 pieces cooked, crumbled bacon
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
Zest and juice of 1½ limes
2 tablespoons tequila
¼ teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)
For the Tequila-Lime Frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons tequila
Cooked and crumbled bacon
Pinch of coarse salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter and sugar together until pale, light, and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
4. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
5. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the lime zest, lime juice, bourbon vanilla extract, cayenne pepper and tequila. Mix until combined. (The mixture may start to look curdled at this point, but don’t worry).
6. Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk in two batches. Mix only until just incorporated, using a rubber spatula to give it one last mix by hand. Stir in the cooked bacon pieces.
7. Divide the batter between the muffin cups. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until just slightly golden and a skewer shows only moist crumbs attached.
8. Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 to 10 minutes, and then remove to a cooling rack. Brush the tops of the cupcakes with tequila. Set the cupcakes aside to cool completely before frosting them.
9. To make the frosting, whip the butter on medium-high speed of an electric mixer using the whisk attachment for 5 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium-low, and gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing and scraping the sides of the bowl until all is incorporated. Mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Add the lime juice, tequila and salt and mix on medium-high speed until incorporated and fluffy. If the frosting appears too soft, add one additional teaspoon of sugar at a time until desired consistency is reached. Frost cupcakes and garnish with bacon bits and lime zest. Enjoy!