This is a quick mid-week meal that takes little planning on your part but results in a stunning, easy meal.
- 5 Bone in, Skin on Chicken Thighs defrosted
- 1 Gallon zip lock bag to marinate the chicken
- 1 cup of Couscous
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- Salt / Pepper
For Quick marinades I like to use store bought items and mix them together. Usually stuff I have on hand but works well with no prep time.
The marinade is all dumped in the bag with the chicken:
- 1 cup of Paul Newmans Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 cup of Paul Newmans Olive Oil Dressing
- 1 cup of Mustard and/or Mustard Carolina BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Italian Seasoning
Mix all together to thoroughly cover the chicken and let sit from a minimum of 40 minutes up to an hour.
Preheat the oven up to 350 degrees. Arrange the marinated chicken in a shallow roasting pan, and having the pieces tightly arranged is fine. They will reduce in size while roasting. Pour some of the marinade over each pieces after in the roasting pan to continue to add flavor.
Roast the chicken uncovered for 40-50 minutes, depending on your oven/altitude. The skin will get a nice mild crunchiness to it, and the meat will be cooked through and tender. I like to serve 1-2 pieces over a bed of couscous and pour some of the sauce over the couscous. Makes a nice quick light midweek roasted chicken dinner!