By Jessica Cameron (01/10)
Yields 2 cups of marinade
- 1 cup of low sodium or sodium free beef stock
- ½ cup dark beer
- ¼ cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup A1 sauce (or steak sauce of choice)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly ground mixed peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons of tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper
- 5 medium garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
Mix all the ingredients up through the garlic. Slowly whisk in the extra virgin olive oil to emulsify it with the rest of the liquid. Let the marinade sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend before adding the meat that is to be marinated.
This is a general beef marinade for stwew meat or meat that is going to be braised. Suggest 2 to 3 hours marination time.